LPS Survey Results!


Alright folks, it's the moment that you've all been waiting for! The results of the Littlest Pet Shop Ultimate Survey!
I was wanting to have this up and posted a week ago, but we all know how that goes.

Anyway... for a complete breakdown of the results see after the jump!

The percentages of the survey were based on the complete available sum of votes.

For the total survey the average number votes varied, but the actual was less than one hundred. Not the grand number I had hoped for, but enough to properly calculate the results below.







On a scale of One to Five, the fans were asked to rank each character. (5) Being the highest in popularity. (1) being the lowest in popularity.
















What If Anything Would You Change About The Show?
(Selected based on Creative input, and frequency)

"I would change nothing"

"Give more depth to the human characters so they don't appear shallow."

"There could be more character-centric episodes to allow for more focus on as well as further character development for individual characters."

"I wouldn't mind improved animation. It's usually not that smooth and fluid as MLP, even though it has it's awesome moments. Don't get me wrong, the animation is stellar, and rarely choppy."

"More songs and more pet visits."

"More episodes focused on the pets."

"Visiting places."

"I wouldn't change anything really, with it strong points and flaws, I believe the show can develop perfectly."

"More pet visits."

"I would try to make the humans more likable. I'm not exactly the target demographic, so I don't really know, but when Blythe goes into text-speak, it's kind of off putting."

"The songs are great, but Zoe, the pet who's actually meant to be a singer, hasn't been given many important songs, it's more been the pets as a whole or even the male pets. Zoe needs more songs to live up to her character trait of being a singer."

"Perhaps the previous pets can all come back in the season finale."

"More info on how Blythe started to understand pets."

What If Anything Could Be Added To The Show?
(Selected Based on Creative input, and Frequency)
"More movie genre parodies, and homages."

"Russell and Sunil need their own fake morning show."

"I would like more background characters, even if incidental."

"More actor cameos (especially of other MLP VAs)."

"Maybe a few homages to the 1995 series?"

"Some pet like AJ from MLP. I'm not even a brony anymore, but yeah. LPS needs an AJ :)"

"A backstory about what happened to Blythe's mom."

"More antagonists."

"A deeper character's history would be pretty good."

"Have Blythe and her crush get to know each other more."

"A few more animals that reoccur. Buttercream was in two episodes that I saw. Basically, more continuity. If they're in the day camp, they will maybe be seen again."

"More jokes from Pepper."

"More of the chihuahua."

"Maybe a trio of kid animals similar to the Cutie Mark Crusaders from MLP and the Super Secret Pup Club from Pound Puppies."

"More on what the pets' lives are like outside the shop."

"To learn why Buttercream's ears twist and her foot thumps when she hears someone ask her 'what?'"

What Do You Hope The LPS Fandom Achieves?

"I would like to see the fandom become as big and widely known as the MLP fandom. And that through the community of fans we can bring some good back to the rest of the world."

"Personally, I would rather it not follow in the My Little Pony fandom's footsteps. I would like it to be smaller, but I hope it achieves the kindness that the bronies lost sight of."

"To be able to produce as much amazing fan-art, music, fan-fiction as other fandoms."

"I am largely uninterested in the fandom. So self-fulfilment and distinctiveness from MLP fandom."

"Strong fan base with good discussion about episodes, themes. Definitely a family-oriented fandom where kids as well as their parents can have fun."

"Honestly, it's surprising that a fandom is starting to form for this show, so I never gave it much thought. It's rough to say, to be honest. If there is going to be a fandom, I hope it achieves giving a positive output and giving support to the messages the show displays. I hope as a fandom, that it's given lots of love and appreciation to the point where people can be drawn in even more than just the show itself. There's a lot of talent out there, and if that talent belongs to an individual that likes the show, then it should definitely be used to some extent.If there is to be a fandom, best of luck and stand strong! Go LPS!"

"Not becoming like bronies."

"I hope we become like the Bronies, but with less drama. A hopeless dream?"

"To have as much of a significant cultural impact as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has had, and to help encourage a stronger bond between fans and their pets, as well as and overall love of animals."

"I hope we can reach the presence at least half of the bronies, produce just as much creative content, and more. I also hope the community can have few disagreements."

"Most of all, I hope we can be good people. I want us to not gather infamy from trolling, nor do I want us to shove it down one's throat. One of my final wishes is for the majority of us to be open minded, and only judge once one sees something. I find so many bronies hating LPS, which disappoints me. I had vowed to not judge until I had seen a reasonable portion of something, and I hope we can do the same."

"I hope it grows bigger, but not too big, definitely not as big as MLP."

"Same as MLP, a huge fanbase."

"To be large enough for conventions and online recognition, that way more friends can be made over the show."

"Not much just be who you are."

"To be as noticed as the MLP fandom(or at least close to it). But I don't really care if that happens or not, I just want the fandom to keep alive."

"A large fanbase, just like MLP."

"It's a fandom. Let it live its life."

"It might not become a brony fandom V2 but it's ok that way. Don't force it, that might backfire."

"More art and enthusiasm over the show."

"I hope that similar to the likes of my little pony, it can be a stereotype breaking show, and display that adults and teens can enjoy this kind of show as well."

"More recognition from the creators (just like mlp)."

"Maybe a bit of grouping at a con. LPS doesn't have that epic story telling that MLP had, so it's not so con-worthy, but MLP cons could include them a bit."

"To step out off the shadow of the Brony fandom and be recognised as a fandom in our own right."

"Being at least have a half as great as My Little Pony is, I wanted more seasons too."

"Recognition..."

"To never ever be as zealous as the FiM Fandom has become as of late."


"To get the same acknowledgement and respect the bronies have."

"As big as MLP fandom :D"

"The same level of standards that the Brony community reached."

"More fans of the show, and more fanart, fan music, and music vids."

"To become as big as the brony fandom? I guess? I dunno."

"Getting more acknowledged, it is not as bad a show as people tend to say it is. Seeing more fanart and maybe more merchandise."

"To be as great as the Brony fandom."

"The same level of recognition the mlp fandom has."

"To become a big, fun fandom on the Internet (but not "just like bronies", because the brony fandom is so big that there are too many unpleasant things)."

"For it (and other Hub shows like Dan Vs., Pound Puppies, and Transformers: Rescue Bots) to get even more popular than they are, like with Transformers: Prime and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and hope that they get nominated for Emmys just like with MLP and TF Prime."

"I don't think it really needs to "achieve" anything. As long as its fans are having fun and feel connected, then everything's cool."

"The same respect as MLP."

"To be like the little brothers to the fim random which I think is not too far away."

"The same amount of fans that the bronies have."



The data used was based on the complete survey. There was a few surprises, and some not so surprising. I like the fact that the fans have chosen Pet Shoppers as their fandom name, and I like how Pepper Clark won in popularity... thrilling!

I hope everyone had fun taking this survey. It's been very informative. I also hope that Hasbro takes a look at this information, especially answers to the last three questions. You guys have been amazing.

It's such a joy to be a part of this fandom, and I hope like many of you, that it thrives and becomes a thing all its own. Something we can all be proud of.


4 comments:

  1. To all of you who said something along the lines of "as big as the MLP fanbase", TRUST ME - you don't want that to happen. Let's stay small and tight and happy!

    (Also, I think some of you might think the bronies have more 'respect' than what they truly have, but whatevs, you'll learn eventually;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is Penny Ling not purest green? Hurts me a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be reading the graph wrong. 1 is the lowest, and 5 is the highest.

      In this case, Penny Ling is doing just fine.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yeah. The Brony fandom is TOO big. It has too many annoying people, on different ways.
    Many of them can't even accept when their fanon stuff is jossed.
    Ridiculous that they get mad because the names of some background characters are not what 4chan made up on early 2011. (e.g. Minuette is much more beautiful and fitting than "Colgate", yet there are lots of people that insist that "Minuette" is wrong just because they're used to "Colgate")

    ReplyDelete

back to top