What Are They Calling Us, Again?


Okay, so I'm not exactly sure when this whole turn of fortune started for the fans of Littlest Pet Shop, but apparently from some now dead "KnowYourMeme" entries, the fandom is sort of an off-shoot of Bronies. Yeah, you read that right: Bronies.

Not that a whole new fandom generated as a sub-strata of another is a bad thing, I'm sure there are several My Little Pony fans that are equally fans of LPS. Though as it stands for the moment, there isn't even a tip of an iceberg to see on the surface of the water, to compare the stuff that has been generated; MLP so far out bests everything.

So yeah, fans of LPS have unofficially been coined, Petters. I don't know about you guys, but someone please come up with something better.

2 comments:

  1. I'd vote for Shoppers. Not only does it have less squicky implications than "petters", but it also allows for shopping-related adjectives to describe the level of interest. For example, I'd be a Window Shopper - I like the show, but I'm more on the periphery when it comes to degree of involvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the term petter is interesting for an adult fandom of the show unless you would prefer to be called petshoppers

    ReplyDelete

back to top